Monday, September 12, 2011

Changes

Since my life was nothing for a year (didn't go out at all), I took 26 units this sem to see if I can take it. Its okay, but not a good idea and something I'll never do again. All I'm doing is either studying, reading, or completing requirements. I now find studying more entertaining than TV.

Gone are the days when I showed up in school for only three hours a day and stay home for the rest. Another countdown until the end of the semester, 20 school days left... but it seems as if I've lost sense of time after that one lone year (The Burnout of 2009). Its only now that I've begun to appreciate the advantages of being a shut-in. I don't have problems with relationships and people, I'm content with the few I know, and sometimes its better to keep away than get in trouble.
- - -
Before college, I thought studying to be a librarian was ridiculous. Now I'm taking the course Library and Information Science and its the most fun I've had. There's only six of us girls in our batch, with somewhat similar personalities (bookish loners), and our teachers are cool.

If someone asks about my course, he'll most likely be surprised that LIS exists. "Te may OPAC naman," someone told me. Well, the OPAC doesn't operate by itself. Cataloging and creating those entries is a complex process and that's what we're studying. Most don't know that there's a licensure board exam for librarians, and we can work as teachers. As long as there are schools and libraries, librarians are needed.
- - -
This song will always remind me that somehow things will work for the better.

Taking everything for granted but we still respect the time
We move along with some new passion knowing everything is fine
And I would wait and watch the hours fall in a hundred separate lines
But I regain repose and wonder how I ended up inside
...
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up im getting out of here...


No comments:

Post a Comment