Thursday, May 9, 2013

Etc.

Other stuff first...
- Despite a violent-sounding post earlier, I don't recommend face-punching as a method to end arguments. I only imagine it, that doesn't hurt anyone. In the news, an angry dude killed his coach by punching him in the face. Don't try it! But if I could, I would, because it could be useful...
- Backpfeifengesicht is a German word meaning "A face badly in need of a fist" or "a face begging to be introduced to fist".
- The best read I found to beat procrastination: Reasons why you should do Thing ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

 -Ways of Learning-

From a short pamphlet by Peter Drucker, Managing Oneself:
Schools are organized on the assumption that there is only one right way to learn and that it is the same for everybody. But to be forced to learn the way a school teaches is sheer hell for students who learn differently.
I had a difficult time as a student before, because I didn't learn how to learn. It was only in second year college that I began to have better grades because I discovered a simple technique in studying for exams: read, reread then highlight, summarize the main points on a piece of scratch paper, and review. It takes little time (than when I was still struggling) and I like getting over exams and outputs quickly so I finish them as soon as possible. I try to avoid classmates who create contests about who didn't start yet.

Peter Drucker said in Managing Oneself that people learn differently. Some learn by writing (that's me), others by doing, and others by talking or listening. Another important question to ask oneself is: am I a reader or a listener? Some process the written word better than the spoken word.

To sum it up, learn how your mind works... then knowing/retaining things become easier.

Here is a giant 'long arm' squid live:
It looks like an alien with a pretty hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment