Friday, May 4, 2012

How's summer?

Summer is the semester I like best. Its a sem on fast-forward and there's something rush-inducing in “Two weeks left!” even if my three 2-hour classes are from 7AM to 1PM. I like the stress. Subjects I'm taking are:

Pol Sci 6: My introduction in class went like: “Good morning, classmates! My name is _____ and I'm taking up Library and Information Science, 3rd year. I'm a former Political Science student from another university and failed my major subjects. I expect that I'm going appreciate it in a different way than I did before.” The teacher is amused.

I sort of forgot everything from 1½ sem as a Pol Sci major. We're using the same Philippine Constitution textbook and I see all my forgotten notes on its pages. In 2009, I wrote this on its title page:
Democracy is the bludgeoning of the people, by the people, for the people. –Oscar Wilde”

Speech 1: The teacher has a soothing DJ voice, I don't mind listening to her for 2 hours daily.
Ed Comp 1: Basic computer applications. I didn't know there's an option in Microsoft Word that automatically generates a Table of Contents, and lots of useful shortcuts we didn't know exist.
- - -
Here's a song I like with the word 'summer' on it (Boys of Summer):


No comments:

Post a Comment