5 Ways to Give Yourself an Education That Kicks the Crap Out of the One You Got in School.
1. Set priorities. Study time is for study only.
2. Study anywhere and everywhere. It could be reading a list while walking or toothbrushing.
3. Get organized. Don't waste time looking for things if all are in their proper places.
4. Learn how to read. Learn active reading. Ask questions as you go along.
5. Schedule time. Break up a big task like a report to small ones. Outline and research first, and always finish early so you have time to read, polish, and review.
6. Take good notes. Read and note important points of textbooks and what the teacher emphasizes. Don't get ready to rush out before class ends- write the principal points of today's lecture and scan the next lessons.
7. Always turn in neat and clean outputs.
8. Speak up. Ask questions. "He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. (Chinese proverb)"
9. Test yourself.
10. Do more than asked. Also read other sources, not only what your teacher requires.